Thursday, June 18, 2009

More on baby voices....


I was at the doctor yesterday and there was a mother with a 9 day old baby. The baby started to mew and make all the adorable little sounds that a 9 day old baby makes. I was instantly transported back to those early days of having a baby - a tiny baby and how absolutely precious their little sounds are, how they chirp like birds and root around, only to latch onto your chin. Newborns are amazing little creatures, they have all sorts of sounds it makes me wonder if they try to vocalize in the womb? They are born and can start making all sorts of sounds that they can rather readily start associating with different needs, like hunger....I remember reading about it right before Sadie was born and was surprised to recognize Sadie's "language"....it wasn't exactly like this woman's claims, but helpful enough that rather early we discovered what Sadie's needs were...

Here is the link:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunstan_Baby_Language

No comments: