http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3898804/
Well, I've thought on it a bit....this was a comment from Joe Scarborough on Meet The Press. We have a lovely Sunday ritual of ignoring our children while they watch way too much TV, while we lay in bed and watch Meet The Press and drink coffee. We get interrupted by the toddler a lot, so thank goodness for the "pause" button so that we can both parent and be lazy at the same time. Anyway I thought what Joe has to say about the difference between being a conservative and being a republican was interesting. Here is the actual link, I think - I'm still new to this...
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/31353893#31353893
I guess my beef is that there is a difference between being a steward or conservationist and being a conservative. I don't agree that to be conservative is to conserve - it's more about being cautious. In the 21st century being a conservationist will actually require more moxy than the conservatives and republicans have - it will require more courage and a shedding of the old "conserved" thoughts and beliefs. The problems that the 20th century solved only created the larger problems that we are faced with today. It's complex and will require new ideas. Perhaps the GOP will evolve, but probably not....

No comments:
Post a Comment